Thursday, November 20, 2008

Special Olympics











So These past couple of months, I have been volunteering as a coach for the Special Olympics. It is one of those things that I can't really explain my feeling about fully but I do know that it is such a blessing in my life to be able to help out. I have even gotten a gold medal. I told my parents that it might be the only time that I will get a gold medal in my life. :) I helped out with bocce ball which is kind of like croquet but only you throw the balls and I have also helped out with swimming. I am able to be a unified player which means that there are two athletes who are disabled and then there are coaches or volunteers. I have learned so much from these people. They have helped me see that the only things that really matter are that you are trying your best and are having an enjoyable time. They don't care about winning, of course they want to but it isn't like it is the end of the world like it is for me and others at times. They are such great people to follow who are truly like Christ. I hope one day I will be able to be as forgiving and loving as they are. They are truly unique and amazing people. Here are some pictures of this past weekend with some of the athletes.

1 comment:

canihavethisdance said...

I think it is awesome what you are doing! But them you awesome!
I love you, mom